Remove Varnish & Limit Production Losses
Varnish contamination is a by-product of many degradation processes in hydraulic and lubrication systems. The effects of varnish on industrial and manufacturing systems range from the nuisance of minor downtime and routine maintenance to catastrophic failures of major capital equipment.
Hy-Pro advanced varnish prevention & removal filters media provide a holistic approach to solve lube oil varnish to prevent premature equipment & servo valve failure, extend useful fluid life and provide reliability of in-service fluids and systems.
Soluble Varnish Removal
A complete recovery & maintenance solution for mineral oil-based turbine lubricants. SVR targets & removes the dissolved varnish pre-cursors which are the cause of varnish.
By removing these waste oxidation by-products, you restore the oils original solvency properties which force any solid varnish deposits to be dissolved back into the oil where they are removed permanently.
Soluble Varnish Removal video
Condition AW Hydraulic Oils with Sludge & Varnish Problems.
Hy-Pro have a complete recovery & maintenance solution for mineral oil based turbine oils & lubricants. ICB Ion Charge Bonding filter elements significantly reduce production losses and resolve servo valve issues by eliminating the contaminants responsible for sticking or sluggish valves.
FCL for AW Hydraulic Oils with Sludge & Varnish
• High efficiency particulate removal (< 0.7m), water & insoluble sludge & varnish removal
• Ideal for AW type hydraulic fluids where sludge build-up is causing valve stiction
• Prevent premature oil replacement and extend useful oil life
• Ideal for in plastic injection moulding, steel mill and other hydraulic control applications
FSTO Turbine Lube Oil Varnish Removal
FSTO is the complete oil conditioning solution for turbine and compressor lube oil. FSTO treats both soluble and insoluble forms of oxidation by-products to remove and prevent varnish deposits and deliver guaranteed results.
FSTO is ideal for maintenance of small turbine lube oil & compressor reservoirs
• Prevent varnish related servo valve failures on small gas turbines and compressor lube oil applications (ie gas transmission compressor units).
• Remove & prevent varnish deposits with ICB element technology (Ion Charge Bonding).
• Achieve & maintain MPC value < 20 (lower varnish potential).
• Lower ISO codes to 14/12/9 with high efficiency post filter element.
• Extend life of anti-oxidant additives & prevent premature oil replacement.
Non Spark Discharge (NDS) Filter Element Upgrades
NSD elements and media technology are optimised to prevent spark discharge and minimise potential energy in bearing lubrication and hydraulic control systems.
Filter element spark discharge is a recognized cause of fluid degradation in hydraulic and lube oil systems creating soluble by-products and sub-micron carbon particles that deplete additives, cause fluid darkening and lead to varnish deposits. Oil formulation changes from Group I base stocks to Group II-III base stock oils have yielded fluids with reduced conductivity characteristics which enhance the effects of element sparking especially during cold start conditions. Hy-Pro NSD elements prevent one of the primary causes of thermal fluid degradation and an important part of varnish deposit formation and phosphate ester fluid maintenance.
OA-TO Turbine Oil Analysis
We offer two levels of analysis for turbine oils to provide insight into system conditions and to help predict and prevent fluid contamination related issues – The two levels of analysis are; MPC for trending varnish potential monthly & a deeper analysis for periodic monitoring.
• MPC (membrane patch Colourimetry)
• MPC patch weight (mg)
• RULER (remaining anti-oxidant level)
• ICP spectrometric element analysis ppm
• Water Content by KF (ppm)
• ISO4406:1999 particle count (4/6/14)
• AN (acid number)
OA-PE Phosphate Ester
Maintaining phosphate ester-based fluids can be complex. Hy-Pro has solutions that make it easy & the first step in achieving trouble-free EHC & high-temperature hydraulic operations is understanding the condition of your fire-resistant fluids.
- MPC (membrane patch colourimetry)
- MPC patch weight (mg)
- Water content